Develop these 7 healthy habits today to help prevent disease tomorrow.
- Pass up the butter and other fats. Low-fat meals help fight breast, ovarian and colon cancer.
- Shed excess weight. It helps avoid diabetes, heart disease and varicose veins.
- Exercise regularly. Regular weight bearing exercise helps prevent osteoporosis, the brittle bone disease that strikes 1 in 4 women.
- Treat yourself to a cup of yogurt, as well as some skim milk or low-fat cheese. These high-calcium foods keep bones strong.
- Slather yourself with sunscreen. It’s the number one defense against skin cancer.
- Practice early detection. Monthly breast self-exams done at the same time every month help detect breast cancer early. Yearly Pap smears can protect you from cervical cancer
- Eat more organic Foods